Length of course one year
A combination of C, D and E grades at GCSE or equivalent. If you do not have a Grade C in GCSE Maths or English we expect you to resit these.
Why study Level 2 BTEC Extended Certificate in Health & Social Care?
The BTEC Extended Certificate is intended to provide you with an introduction to the Health and Social Care sector. It will help you to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required of those who work in the sector.
What do I study?
The course is made up from units such as:
• Human lifespan development
• Health and social care values
• Effective communication in health and social care
• Equality and diversity in health and social care
• Individual rights in health and social care
• Healthy living
Most units are assessed by your teachers through assignments.
The Level 2 Extended Certificate is a nationally recognised vocational qualification which will enable you to enter employment as a health worker or care worker, or to progress to a Level 3 course.