Use the table below to calculate your average GCSE points score for A-Level courses
To study A-Levels you will need ALL of the following:
- An average point score of 5.3 or above, calculated from all of your GCSE subjects
- Your point score MUST include at least five GCSEs at Grade 4/C or above – including English Language or Maths. If your English Language is a 3/D, your Maths must be at least a 4/C and vice versa.
- Additional specific entry requirements may be needed, these can be found on the relevant course page online.
What do you need to know?
- Applied GCSEs count as two subjects and have double points
- Half GCSEs have half the points value of a full GCSE
- Professional qualifications are not counted when calculating the average GCSE point score.